Starting a new business is exciting, and there are eight ways to boost your sales confidence and close the deal. It is also one of the most daunting tasks known to man. Everyone is in sales regardless of there position in the company – the owner sells the products or services to the customers, the staff sell to the customers and to there co-workers. Any sales person will experience good days, bad days, and mediocre days. However, there are ways you can boost your sales and close more deals than you ever really expected to. Let’s take a look and see
what can be done to put you on the right track to selling with confidence.
1. Let your enthusiasm shine through! Show perspective customers that you don’t just love your job, but you are passionate
and excited about being able to present the products or services to them. Let your customers know you appreciate them and
put them on a pedestal. People love to be appreciated and the efforts you put forth will reward you with customers that
keep coming back to you for more. A lot of it has to do with attitude. Build and maintain a positive attitude not just
today, but every day!
2. Be clear, concise and be knowledgeable about what you are selling. Don’t ever purposely misrepresent your products or
services. If customers see that you know what you are talking about and can answer their questions, address their concerns
and care about them, they will be more likely to turn to you when they are ready to buy.
3. Expect to be successful. Envision yourself closing deals like crazy. What would it feel like to be as successful as you
truly want to be? Set goals and be determined to reach those goals. This does not necessarily mean you are going to
succeed at each and every sale, but it does help keep you focused because you know what success really looks like.
4. Collect client testimonials. This is a great way to build self-confidence. This is also a wonderful selling tool that
you can use with new customers. Reading testimonials from customers can make you feel really good about your efforts and
also serves as a reminder that you as a sales person can be successful.
5. Know who your prospects are and what they want. Having that knowledge will help you build the confidence you need. Take
time to study your prospects so you will know what products or services to present to them.
6. Be prepared to sell. There is nothing worse than being caught in the limelight when aren’t quite ready. If you aren’t
prepared, you will find yourself stumbling over blocks that could result in you losing the sale.
7. Appearance does mean something. This does not mean you have to always be dressed like you are going to a wedding. If
you feel good about yourself, your level of confidence will increase.
8. Confidence is something that sometimes comes natural and sometimes it does not. There are times that you are not going
to feel nearly as confident as you really want to be. However, always remember that you cannot let your customers see this
side of you. You don’t want them to view you as a failure, nor do you want to view yourself as having failed.
Picture: By purplbutrfly via Flickr